Martin Campbell-Kelly is an Emeritus Professor at the University of Warwick who has specialised in the history of computing.
Campbell-Kelly has served on the editorial board of the IEEE Annals of the History of Computing journal. He is a committee member of the Computer Conservation Society, a Specialist Group of the British Computer Society.
Campell-Kelly was educated at Sunderland Polytechnic where he was awarded a PhD in 1980 on the Foundations of computer programming in Britain 1945–1955.
Campbell-Kelly has authored, edited numerous books and journal articles on the history of computing.
- ^ Martin Campbell-Kelly, Department of Computer Science, University of Warwick, UK.
- ^ Campbell-Kelly, M. (2014). "Sir Maurice Vincent Wilkes 26 June 1913 – 29 November 2010". Biographical Memoirs of Fellows of the Royal Society. 60: 433–454. doi:.
- ^ Martin Campbell-Kelly his obituaries of prominent computer science figures in The Guardian
- ^ Lectures by Martin Campbell-Kelly available from Gresham College
- ^ List of publications from Microsoft Academic
- ^ Campbell-Kelly, Martin. (1980). Foundations of computer programming in Britain 1945–1955 (PhD thesis). Sunderland Polytechnic.
- ^ Books by Martin Campbell-Kelly, Google Books.
- ^ Martin Campbell-Kelly (1989). ICL: A Business and Technical History. Clarendon: Oxford University Press. p. 409. ISBN 0-19-853918-5.
- ^ Martin Campbell-Kelly and William Aspray (1996). Computer: A History of the Information Machine, Basic Books/HarperCollins. ISBN 0-465-02989-2.
- ^ Martin Campbell-Kelly; Mary Croarken; Raymond Flood; Eleanor Robson, eds. (2003). The History of Mathematical Tables. Oxford University Press. ISBN 978-0-19-850841-0.
- ^ Martin Campbell-Kelly (December 2005). "The User-friendly Typewriter". The Rutherford Journal. 1.
- ^ Martin Campbell-Kelly (September 2009). The Origin of Computing, Scientific American.
- ^ Campbell-Kelly, M. (2006). "David John Wheeler. 9 February 1927 -- 13 December 2004: Elected FRS 1981". Biographical Memoirs of Fellows of the Royal Society. 52: 437. doi:.
Edited: 2021-06-18 19:40:15