Comodo IceDragon is a Firefox-based open source web browser from the Comodo Group for Microsoft Windows. It is intended to be faster and more secure than Firefox.
- Firefox-based: IceDragon 61 is based on the Firefox 61 codebase. It provides detection for Firefox hard-coded plugin installations.
- SiteInspector: Comodo's SiteInspector malware detection system is integrated into IceDragon. SiteInspector's link scanning feature allows one to check whether a web page is malicious before they visit that page.
- SecureDNS service: IceDragon offers Comodo's Secure DNS Service to users as an alternative to using their Internet Service Provider. This is intended to produce faster page loads and safer browsing because SecureDNS references a real-time block list (RBL) of malicious websites.
- Social media integration: IceDragon provides a button that allows one to instantly share a web page with one's Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn friends.
- Portable installation: IceDragon provides a portable option during installation. This feature was briefly removed with version 38, but returned in a subsequent sequential update.
Edited: 2021-06-18 12:38:34