AppCode is an integrated development environment (IDE) for Swift, Objective-C,C, and C++ development built on JetBrains’ IntelliJ IDEA platform. The first public preview version of AppCode became available in April 2011. The latest stable release is shown next to Stable release and is available at JetBrains’ official web site. AppCode is built on IntelliJ IDEA platform, which is written in Java and Kotlin. Users can extend its abilities by installing plug-ins created for IntelliJ Platform, as well as they can write their own plug-ins.
- Coding assistance with code completion, code generation options, live templates, code formatting, multiple carets and selections, automatic insert of imports and imports optimization.
- Code analysis with syntax and error highlighting, and quick-fixes.
- Project and code navigation: special project views, file structure views, and quick jumping between files, classes, methods and usages, navigation through class hierarchy, and usages search.
- Refactorings including Rename, Introduce Variable, Extract Parameter/Method/Block Parameter, Change Signature, Move, etc.
- iOS development: run/debug on device, iOS simulator.
- Integrated plugin for the Reveal too to inspect the iOS application with 2D/3D visualisation and changing view parameters on-the-fly.
- Integrated debugger with breakpoints, frames, watches and expression evaluation.
- Unit testing support: XCTest, Kiwi, and Google Test.
- Internationalization support.
- Seamless CocoaPods integration including quick fix to install missing pods.
- Xcode interoperability without additional configuration: files and changes are synchronized automatically.
- Version Control integration: unified user interface for Git, GitHub, Mercurial, Subversion, Perforce, CVS.
- Integration with issue tracking systems: Atlassian JIRA, JetBrains YouTrack, Lighthouse, Pivotal Tracker, GitHub, Redmine, Trac.
Licensing and updates policy
AppCode license is permanent and includes one year of free product upgrades since the purchase date, including major version upgrades.
The following types of licenses are available for AppCode:
- Personal License (paid, for individual developers)
- Commercial License (paid, for companies and organisations)
- Academic License (free, for students and teachers)
- Classroom License (free, for trainers and educational institutions)
- Open Source Project License (free, for open source projects)
Edited: 2021-06-18 15:18:00